TELEHEALTH and TELEMEDICINE OPTIONS AT RAVENSWOOD CHIROPRACTIC in CHICAGO
TeleMedicine also known as TeleHealth or eVisits at Ravenswood Chiropractic are a safe and convenient option for our patients to get not only peace of mind but to continue their progress without leaving their home.
Our patients use our TeleMedicine options for many different issues and often we are the first virtual doctor visit they have had so they have many questions. We hope to answer a couple of them here but if you don’t see what you are looking for just call us and ask.
How Does TeleHealth at Ravenswood Chiropractic & Wellness Center Work?
2. STEP TWO – Appointment is Confirmed -Our Patient Services Director will send you an email confirming your appointment.
- New Patients you will receive all the necessary paperwork attached to your appointment confirmation. Some paperwork you will need to fill out before your appointment such as a HIPPA policy and Health History so your practitioner can review it before your eVisit. We will provide you a link in the email to complete this securely and easily online. If you have any questions along the way just give us a call or email – we are happy to help.
- Current Patients you may also receive some paperwork to fill out to update us on your condition which will also be reviewed before your eVisit. Please fill out as completely as possible and return to us – this can also be completed online – the link will be provided in the email confirmation for your appointment.
3. STEP THREE – Your Appointment Link is Sent to You. Once we receive your pre-treatment paperwork we will send you the link to your appointment. No download or software is needed, you do not need to set up an account. You just need the link in the email and you can start your appointment anywhere you are as long as you are on a device (iOS and Android) or computer that has a camera and microphone, at work, at home where ever you need to be – we will see you there. All data is private and secure, the data is 128 bit encrypted, and sessions are anonymous, no information is stored and is adhered to HIPPA, PIPEDA, and GDPR data privacy requirements.
About 5 minutes before your appointment simply click the link and you will be in our virtual waiting room and the provider will enter the room at your scheduled time. The video and microphone will be activated automatically once the provider enters (if an earlier appointment runs over you will be notified). When your provider enters the virtual waiting room you will have your appointment. You may access your appointment via your smartphone, tablet, or computer (laptop or desktop) camera and microphone.
What Can you Do During a TeleHealth Session
You might be surprised by the amount of issues that can be taken care of during an eVisit!
Our chiropractic physicians perform exams and formulate and review treatment plans via our TeleHealth options. This includes pain and injury conditions (like: Do I have a sprained ankle? or Do I have Sciatica or a pinched nerve? Should I be concerned about ….) or internal conditions like digestive issues, allergies, or cardiovascular health. Once they have discussed your concern with you, they may order imaging, or other testing and will instruct you on treatment options including home care or self care options. Based on the findings from your TeleHealth appointment our chiropractic physicians may either prescribe home care instructions or advise in office treatment or further evaluation. Both new patients and current patients enjoy completing this portion of their health care from their home and then coming in later that day for an adjustment if needed as it saves them time away from busy home or work life.
Physical therapy and home care instruction or modification can be done entirely via TeleHealth. Many of our patients who travel a lot for work or have small children at home like to use this option to keep making progress while they are away and to address any concerns that arise.
Our acupuncturists consult, perform tongue diagnosis, create a treatment plan and review it with you including and discussing herbal options (which can be shipped directly to your home), diet options, as well as coach you through acupressure you can perform at home. Many of our fertility, pain, sleep, and mood disorder patients find this to be a convenient option.
Our chiropractic physicians also provide Function Medicine and in some instances remote monitoring of patients vitals. After your TeleHealth consultation, testing may be ordered, diet and exercise modifications planned and reviewed with you, and supplements may be recommended (which can be delivered to your home or office). The evaluation may also include, but is not limited to, testing for food sensitivities, hormonal imbalances, gut microbiome, and more. Now is the time to improve your heart health, reduce your cardiovascular risk factors, improve management of your diabetes, asthma, stress, anxiety and depression and we can help!
Who Uses TeleHealth?
- Busy people who don’t have the time to commute
- People without Transportation
- Busy people who want to get the exam and physical therapy done at home so they just come in for an adjustment.
- People who want to continue progress between visits
- People who travel a lot for work and want to maintain their progress and health
- Immune-compromised or other at risk patients
How Much Does TeleHealth Cost?
Health Insurance (PPO Plans), Workers Compensation, Personal Injury and Auto Accidents
If your PPO insurance policy covers chiropractic, physical therapy, or acupuncture in our office then it covers your TeleHealth visit as well and we will accept and file the insurance for you.
Please call our office and speak to our Patient Services Director for up-to-date information or for insurance verification for your specific plan.
Note: We are in network with most major insurance plans and accept all PPO plans, Workers Compensation, Personal Injury and Auto Accidents.
Self Pay or Under Insured
- FREE Injury Screening
- Wellness Consultation $45
- Physical Therapy $45
- Acupuncture | Herbal $15 – $45
- Functional Medicine $135
ChiroHealth Discount Program
ChiroHealth USA is a discount membership program which allows us to give you a discount off our regular fees. It provides a minimum discount of 33% and provides and maximum fee for Chiropractic treatment with or without an examination. There is an annual fee of $49 paid directly to ChiroHealth USA which covers the purchaser and their spouse and or dependents or partners for one full year. The cost of the member ship fee is usually saved in one visit. We receive no compensation from ChiroHealth USA. Ask our Patient Services Director for more information and to enroll. 773.878.7330.