Joint Care Doctor in Andersonville, Chiropractic Relief for Joint Pain
Chiropractic Care for Joint Pain
Joint specific pain can be caused by a wide variety of conditions and circumstances, among the most common we see in our office:
The aims of chiropractic care plans for joint pain are to reduce compression, inflammation, irritation and associated symptoms, as well as restore range of motion to the affected joints, improve flexibility and endurance, and increase muscle tone and strength.
Good nutrition and a healthy, active lifestyle have also been found helpful in alleviating joint pain and other symptoms of arthritis; they also are quite effective as a preventative measure against arthritis, tendonitis, bursitis, or any other kind of joint pain.
Sometimes nutritional supplements – such as anti-inflammatory essential fatty acids, anti-inflammatory herbs, and/or glucosamine with MSM – may be added to your care plan.
When Joint Pain may be a sign of something serious…
It is recommended that you either call us to schedule an appointment or seek the help of another qualified healthcare provider of your choice if any of the following occur:
- severe and unexplained joint pain, especially when associated with other unexplainable symptoms
- significant swelling of the joint
- immobility/inability to move the joint
- joint pain lasting for 3 days or more
- skin around the area red and/or hot to the touch
- a fever not related to flu symptoms (over 100 degrees F)
- unintentional weight loss of 10 or more pounds