Nutrition for Musculoskeletal System Support
Chiropractic: Focus on Total Health & Wellness
Many people believe that chiropractic adjustments are all there is to chiropractic treatment. But nothing could be further from the truth. Proper nutrition, for one, is as integral an element of the chiropractic model of wellness and health as spinal adjustments or any other forms of treatment.
There are many foods, herbs, vitamins, and minerals that give your body what it needs to heal the musculoskeletal system, and serve to promote overall long-term health. By incorporating into your chiropractic health and wellness program the right blends of the right nutritionals taken regularly in the right proportions and at the right intervals, you can do wonders for your rate of improvement, as well as reduce the possibility of experiencing any future physical problems.
The Foundation of Health & Comfort
As part of your chiropractic examination, we may discuss with you some of the nutritional options that are available to you for addressing your specific complaints. To give you an idea of some of the possibilities that may be presented, we’ve listed below some of the most common complaints experienced by our patients, along with a few examples of herbs, vitamins, and other nutritional supplements that may help their body to alleviate these issues.
- Muscle Tightness – certain minerals, such as calcium and magnesium are vital for the proper contraction and relaxation of your muscles. An insufficient amount of either one could contribute to muscle strain from exertion and muscle cramping. Herbs like passionflower, kava kava, and valerian have also been known to facilitate the relaxation of tight muscles.
- Muscle Pain and Inflammation – adding certain fish oils into your dietary regimen and taking arnica montana (aka wolf’s bane), either as a topical cream or a homeopathic oral remedy, can help tremendously in the alleviation of inflamed and painful muscles.
- Cold and Flu – you can help defend yourself against attack from viruses like these by strengthening your immune system via adequate amounts of Vitamin C, Niacin, Zinc, Selenium, as well as echinacea, certain mushroom extracts, and monolaurin (an active ingredient found in bitter melon, saw palmetto, and mother’s milk), all of which enhance the activities of your T-cells and other powerful components of proper immune function.
- Insomnia – certain vitamins and minerals such as Vitamins B6 and B12, Folate, L-Theanine, and L-5 HTP support the proper balance of the neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine which are responsible for promoting deep and restful sleep.
- Arthritis– Joint health can be greatly supported by adding glucosamine chondroitin into your diet.
A general wellness supplement, providing adequate amounts of all the essential vitamins and minerals your body requires, can also go a long way towards restoring and maintaining general overall wellness.
As with any healing remedy or treatment, it is important that you consult with us or another qualified healthcare provider of your choice before choosing to take any nutritional supplement or other natural remedy. This includes pregnant women and children, as well as those with preexisting medical conditions.
The natural solutions we may discuss with you include both ingestables taken orally (i.e. pills or capsules) and topical solutions applied directly to the skin (i.e. creams and ointments).
Whatever your physical concerns, whether they be listed here or not, our office can help you explore and identify the natural solutions available to you for supplementing your chiropractic and massage treatment with nutritional supplements as well as other daily measures you can take yourself, at home, to facilitate an even quicker and more sustainable recovery.
Best of all, you can rest assured that every nutritional option we propose is of the utmost quality, provided to you at a fair and affordable price.
The Information on this website has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult us or with another qualified healthcare provider before using this product. This website is not intended as medical advise and is not intended to replace a one on one relationship with a qualified healthcare practitioner.