Easy Healthy Breakfasts to Make in 5 Minutes
Breakfast is still considered one of the most important ways to properly start your day. If you find yourself strapped for time in the morning, try one of these easy healthy breakfast recipes.
Dr. Renn’s Breakfast
One of the quickest ways to prep and eat breakfast is to throw it all together… literally. Dr. Renn’s breakfast is fast to make, super healthy, and delicious. Give the recipe a try:
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- ¼ cup walnuts and/or almonds
- 1 cup of Shredded Wheat or Uncle Sam cereal
- 1 cup of berries (Note: any chopped up fruit will be okay for the recipe)
- One cup of almond milk, plain yogurt, or plain kefir
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir together for about 20 seconds.
High-quality granola is packed with healthy fats, complex carbohydrates including fiber, and plant-based protein. Instead of buying a sugar-loaded commercial brand, make your own healthy granola. Here are two recipes you can use; one requires a stove and the other requires a microwave:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons local honey
- 2 cups pre-cooked / easy-to-cook oats
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup pecans (or any nut that you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix coconut oil and local honey in a skillet, cooking them over medium heat. (About 45 seconds)
Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, continuing to stir.
- Remove from heat and let it cool before eating.
Microwave Mug Granola On-the-Go:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons local honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked / easy-to-cook oats
- ¼ cup chopped nuts or chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried fruit
- Place all of the ingredients into a microwave-safe mug.
- Stir all of the ingredients.
- Microwave on medium power for about two minutes.
- Remove and stir.
- Microwave for another minute.
- Remove and let it cool before eating.
Quick-and-Easy Egg Breakfast
Eggs are one of the healthiest foods that you can eat, and they’re one of the easiest to prepare. Try this sunny-side-up egg recipe to kickstart your day:
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 2 pieces of whole grain or sprouted grain toast
- 1 or 2 ounces of mozzarella
- ½ tomato
- ½ avocado (or ¼ cup guacamole)
- Basil, to taste
- Place butter in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Crack an egg into the pan, being careful not to break the yolk.
- Cook on each side for one minute.
- Toast bread and put down a layer of mozzarella, tomato, avocado, and seasoning.
- Place egg on the toast and enjoy.
Leftovers and Getting Creative
Who said you can’t have chicken or a sandwich for breakfast? Sure, there might be a list of foods associated with breakfast such as eggs, toast, and bacon, but that doesn’t mean you can’t eat last night’s leftovers.
It’s more important to focus on having healthy food in the morning as opposed to what is thought to be traditional breakfast foods. Here are a couple of ideas:
If you meal prep ahead of time for lunch and dinner using meal containers, grab one of those in the morning.
Have a thermos and a can of soup? Heat up the soup as you get ready for work, then throw it in your thermos for a sip-and-go healthy breakfast.
No Time to Prep?
If you are constantly running around and don’t have the time or interest to prepare a healthy breakfast in the morning, why not consider a smoothie ora meal prep delivery such as Daily-Harvest.com?
These convenient meal-prep services can deliver pre-prepared smoothies, power bowls, or any number of grab-and-go breakfast items for you to start your day right. The only thing you have to do is lift a lid and enjoy.